Orlando Probate Lawyer
Florida lawyers facilitate the efficient transfer of estate assets, advise on wills and probate issues
After taking care of family and financial responsibilities throughout your life, you deserve to control where your property goes upon your death. Strong counsel from an effective wills and probate lawyer can help ensure that your intentions are honored and your loved ones are protected. At Gierach and Gierach, P.A. our Orlando probate lawyers have been providing effective advice on all types of estates since 1974. Whether you’re starting the planning process, reviewing existing arrangements or probating the estate of someone who has died, we take a personal approach to each matter and offer you the advice and support you need to accomplish your objectives. Our firm’s location in central Florida makes us ideally suited for people from out of state who are responsible for carrying out the final instructions of a relative who died in this area.
- Death Without A Will
- Estate Administrator & Executor
- Probate Avoidance
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate Probate
- Trustee & Fiduciary Representation
- Will Contest
- Will Probate
Knowledgeable firm drafts effective wills for a wide range of clients
Wills are critical documents that detail how your assets are to be distributed upon your death. If one passes on without a legally valid will in place, he or she is said to have died intestate, and the Florida courts decide where the decedent’s property goes. Our advice enables Floridians to maintain control over their estate. With decades of experience in this field, we can help you:
- Allocate assets — Whether you’re making bequests to family members, charitable causes or other organizations, our firm will create a document that establishes clear, enforceable directions.
- Avoid probate — We assist clients who seek to use joint accounts, trusts or insurance policies that shift assets at the time of death without the need for probate.
- Make guardianship plans — If you have minor children or are responsible for the care of a disabled adult, you must make plans for their future in case you are not around.
In a free initial consultation, our lawyers will discuss your estate planning goals and explain how we can help you achieve them.
Proven advocates handle all types of probate matters
In probate, courts examine a will to determine if it is valid. Our lawyers help clients in central Florida and other parts of the country handle key tasks such as taking inventory of assets at the time of death and transferring ownership to beneficiaries. Florida law includes three types of probate:
- Formal administration — Estates with a net value of at least $75,000 must use formal administration. Florida statutes prohibit anyone from bringing a claim against the estate after two years from the date of death.
- Summary administration — If the assets at issue total less than $75,000 or the decedent has been dead for more than two years, this abbreviated process is used.
- Ancillary probate — Ancillary probate is for Florida real estate owned by a decedent who is not a Florida resident.
Whatever probate procedure is required in your situation, we have the skill and background to resolve issues successfully and efficiently.
Contact a dedicated Orlando wills and probate lawyer for a free initial consultation
Gierach and Gierach, P.A. assists clients in a full range of Florida probate and estate planning matters. Please call 407-598-8013 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Orlando office.